LEDARS is a non-profit and non-political organization working for the social, economic, and environmental development of the poor and marginalized people of the southwest region of Bangladesh since 1996. LEDARS has been registered by the Social Welfare Department and NGO Affairs Bureau, Government of Bangladesh. LEDARS is very much engaged with climate change, climate resilience, gender development nature base solutions, environmental conservation, drinking water, WASH, livelihoods, youth development, etc. till now LEDARS obtain several national and international awards including the Zayed Sustainability Prize 2023, for its innovative and sustainable initiatives.
Overview of the Internship Program:
LEDARS Internship Program is a unique opportunity for university students and recent graduates to gain practical experience in community development and environmental sustainability within the context of rural and coastal areas of Bangladesh. Interns will work as LEDARS team members to support ongoing projects implementation and initiatives aimed at improving the lives of people in its implementation area- Satkhira, and surrounding areas.
- To provide internship opportunity with hands-on experience in community development and environmental sustainability within the context of climate change and rural Bangladesh.
- To support LEDARS’ ongoing projects and initiatives in its implementing area.
- To assist LEDARS’ projects and programs to publicize on different social media and boost up engagement with the audience.
- To provide interns with a deeper understanding and know-how on knowledge management of social development programs including the challenges and opportunities in the development sector in Bangladesh.
- To create a pool of talented and passionate individuals who can potentially join and contribute to LEDARS or other organizations.
- Orientation: All interns will receive an orientation session to introduce them to LEDARS’ mission, values, and ongoing projects. They will also receive foundation training on communication, teamwork, project planning, implementation management, and resource mobilization.
- Project-based work: Interns will be assigned to specific projects or initiatives based on their interests and skills. They will work with LEDARS staff members to support ongoing activities including field visits, social media marketing, content creation, photography, videography, data collection, and analysis.
- Professional development: Interns will get the opportunity to attend training and workshops based on their needs/interests like project management, communication, project planning, and resource mobilization.They will also receive mentorship and hands-on training from LEDARS staff members to support their professional growth.
- Final presentation: At the end of the internship, interns will present their work including knowledge and learning to LEDARS staff members and other stakeholders. This will be a great opportunity for the internship to establish them as Young Professionals in the development sector with their learning, exposure, experiences, and recognition as well.
- Certification/Appreciation: After the successful completion of the internship program, LEDARS is happy to give a certificate or appreciation letter to the intern. LEDARS also provide their required documents regarding internship (if required)
The LEDARS Internship Program is open to university students and recent graduates who are passionate about community development and environmental sustainability in rural Bangladesh. Applicants must have excellent communication and teamwork skills and a strong commitment to making a positive impact to the vulnerable community. Having any of the following skills is a plus: digital marketing, content writing, photography, graphic designing, and video making.
The internship program will be for a duration of one to three months, depending on the availability of the intern and the project requirements.
The LEDARS Internship Program offers the following benefits:
- Hands-on experience in community development and environmental sustainability within the context of rural Bangladesh.
- Professional development opportunities e.g., effective planning, implementation, monitoring, resource utilization, and reporting.
- Mentorship from experienced LEDARS staff members
Opportunity to work on meaningful projects that make a difference in the lives of people in the working areas.
- Networking opportunities with professionals in the development sector.
Community Stay in a rural village(if interested).
- Letter of Recommendation from LEDARS.
Interested candidates can apply for the LEDARS Internship Program. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with the HR department and the relevant project team. The LEDARS Internship Program is an excellent opportunity for university students and recent graduates to gain practical experience in community development and environmental sustainability within the context of rural Bangladesh. By participating in this program, interns will not only contribute to LEDARS’ ongoing work but also develop skills and knowledge that will help them build a career in the development sector.
Hear Out Our Successful Interns!